Thursday, February 3, 2011

Is your son a computer hacker?

According to this really dated article, he is and all parents should really bring down the hammer and cut their families off from the internet.

I first saw this article when I was just an impressionable kid, and I bought it. Read the comments and you'll see a lot of people bought it too.

Basically, it details the personal account of a father who noticed his son was exhibiting signs of being a hacker. From asking to upgrade his computer to using a malicious program called "Quake" to train himself in the use of firearms, the father in the article saw what a desire to become more tech oriented as a desire to become a "blackhat l33t h4x0r" (pronounced Blackhat leet hack-sor) and his response.

At first I couldn't believe someone was actually that ignorant. For 7 years, I believed this to be a true account. Then I realized it was satire and that made me feel stupid. In the strictest technical sense, I was trolled. Not hard, not actively, but I was still trolled. The core idea of being trolled by satire is being forced to feel stupid.

And boy did I feel stupid. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment