Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Everyone loves Flowcharts

Right for the most part, but nowadays trolls have become more determined and are more persistent in their pursuits to flame their target. I'll whip up my own flowchart detailing a modern day troll's technique; this one is more for marketing purposes though the principal's the same.

Happy trolling surfing

6 comments:

  1. Now this is pretty funny. It's sad to know that this is a path some internet surfers choose to take. I actually have never heard of the term "troll" until I came across your blog.

    Though I'm sure a lot of trolls' comments are just to poke fun at and annoy the hell out of people, I think some trolls take it way too far -- especially when they pull the race or sexual orientation card out and start bashing. Looking at this chart, it shows a vicious cycle of hatred -- if you can't get someone to stoop to your level, try again.

    What I think is most scary about trolls, is they are another form of bullying/bashing that probably will never come to an end. It seems like the best thing to do with trolls is pay them no attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For longer "lived" trolls this cycle of hatred often becomes its own little microcosm; sometimes you'll come across a troll who'll have their own counter-trolls and so on. Eventually many conversations turn into battlegrounds for old flame wars.

    Depending on how much investment the troll has in you, charts like these can either fully explain the cycle of trolling or be the basic jist of how the whole flame war started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, that picture sums it up very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with AK! The picture does sum it up very well! Christian, you are an amazing writer! Your blog is fresh and so different from the other blogs I've seen. The topic is extremely interesting and I had no idea that there are so many politics involve trolling. You are the first person to introduce me to this concept. I was going to say that the first time I read your blog it was a little overwelming due to the heavy jargon used. But as I continue to follow your blog I find it easier to read and looking at the pictures definitely help me get a better idea.

    Another thing that I really like/appreciate is that I can immediately tell how passionate you are about the topic. This is the most important and also the strongest point to your whole blog. I like reading your blog because I know how much you enjoy writing about it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One question still remains in my head that I keep on forgetting to ask you. Why do these people do this???? Are these people just bored? Do people do this for a living? It still doesn't make much sense to me. I know how ridiculous people can be but trolling and pissing off other people on your free time just makes you a loser..

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a question I've been asking myself for a really long time; I doubt I'll come to an answer anytime soon. So far, the closest thing I have to an answer would be because they can and there's nothing that'll stop them from doing it.

    Well, there is a way. "Drop dox" and have a nice little "meeting" with the offending troll. It takes a lot of effort, but I'm sure it'll teach em a lesson.

    ReplyDelete